Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Making a turn

It's another rainy morning. The weather is getting a lil unpredictable these days. It was all hot and sunny yesterday; it's close to 11am now, the heavy rain clouds are still hanging in the almost mid afternoon sky. Maybe another downpour in the afternoon wouldnt be such a bad thing after all.

I've got a call from the musuem on Monday, a call which i have been waiting for and thought would probably not arrive. I applied to be a volunteer at the musuem's Night Festival event come July two weeks ago. I wrote in with my application form in which i had to admit, i didnt spend alot of effort on. But my hopes were high back then thinking I would probably get it regardless of my lack of effort in answering the questions on the application form. After 2 weeks, when my hopes were dampening and almost diminished to nothingness (esp after i chanced on an article in the papers about volunteer work in musuems over here are overwhelming high); i got a call right after lunch on Monday inviting me over to the national musuem for an interview come Saturday. I was thrilled! And i spent the rest of my afternoon telling colleagues, close friends etc about it. Yah, i realized i'm somewhat of an attention whore. I get excited too quickly and i had to tell everyone i know about it...then after i'm done or ran out of air, I lay flat like a balloon. I dont feel that much of the thrill anymore, not to say i'm not interested...it's just the spark to actually tell people about it has died a little somewhat. I'm still eagerly awaiting for Saturday. It's my first volunteer work of such and i do not know what sort of interview it may be, what questions i would be asked, how should i dress, what is expected of me...and even i'll get selected for the job in the first place. Though most of my friends were saying they have confident i'd get it; at this moment i would rather keep my hopes a litle lower. I know i wouldn't like the disappointment.

2 comments:

sel said...

well done Joey because you are willing to do a little change from your nrml routine life.:)

I quite like this blog because you bring me the attention how you describe the situation from the begining and to the end especially the 1st 20 lines and keep writing Joey.

chunwei.tan said...

haha thanks sel! i'll try to write when i can, but sometimes...words dont come easy :P