The wind's getting chilly again in the evenings and sometimes in the very early of the morning too. It's still quite hot in the afternoon though. Hmm...when will this end?
I went into Venice again today...I cant recall this is the xth time. But having nothing to do, and not in the mood to go anywhere...anymore. It's just the only possible thing I could do in this small part of the world on a quiet Sunday afternoon. Only a short walk...2 hours plus maybe. Just cruising the usual streets. And making radical occasional turns. To my surprised i found a couple more NEW streets today. And then there was Burger King. Another fast food shack I would enjoy coming again. No wonder they said Venice is a big maze. You always end up on different streets every time u enter if you dont already know the route. A good thing too...coz if you follow the norm...u'll never get the chance to explore the whole of it.

I learnt a new phrase today. BAD BAG. When I was goin places in Europe, I've seen street peddlers, black people mainly...they are selling Guccis and Pradas and LVs most of the time. Displaying their goods on a white cloth they spread over the floor. Today, like the usual...there are plenty of them...and I notice a bright yellow sign right beside one of them. Explaining the process of how these people work. It's of course illegal to do trading of immitation goods. But they termed it as BAD BAG. First of all, if you bought one of these...u can get fine up to 10,000 Euros...(which is alot of money!). These sellers are mainly illegal immigrants, which means this is the only possible job they can do. Third, The Maker of these goods are usually children from the age of 9 to 13. They work up to 18hours a day, 7 days a week and in a very poor condition. And last, The Boss from these sorta organizations are usually the ones who benefits the most. So before you get all cheap and buy these things next time, think again...you are indirectly supporting this kinda organization.
3 comments:
Wow, 10,000 Euros!!! anyone already got fined?
So kesian the kids.. but they should fine the one who sell it also. Or confiscate the goods..
selba: well, so far i havent seen any...but i've seen the authoriy 'clearing' up the area..when u see these people start packing up and rush off within a split second...u just know :)
huiying: yeah, they did that alrite. But u think these syndicate will give up easily? hehe...production cost is cheap...they just keep coming back.
Post a Comment